Let’s hop in our way-back machine and time travel to Day 1 and Day 2. Dig deep into your file banks and retrieve the file for 11 days ago when the challenge was to think about yourself and what sort of platform would serve you best as an author. I am thinking specifically of “What is it that you want to be seen as an authority of?”. You will need to have that defined for today’s challenge.
Find and share on your social network an article/blog post that shares quality content that relates to one of the subjects at the base of your platform.
“Social network” means at a bare minimum on Facebook,Twitter, and Linked In. You can also reblog on WordPress. If you are part of a forum or message board on the topic then you might want to share it there.
Writing a vampire novel and ran across a really cool bit of Romanian Folklore about legends of the undead? Share that stuff. It adds to your air of authority. Even if you don’t create the content, there is still a lot of pride to be taken in finding and sharing quality content with others.
This challenge builds directly off of what we have done so far: define ourselves and build a social network. Baby stepping it towards the finish line. Nod and say “Wahoo!” if you see this is all headed somewhere.
Let me know if this challenge is helping you in the comments. I still want to build a community around this challenge the way that MNINB did last April.
- Build a Better Brand Platform: 30 Day Challenge (Day 1) (verynovel.wordpress.com)
- An Introduction to 7 of the Most Popular Social Networks for Business (hubspot.com)
- Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes! Rethinking my online strategy (melaniemarttila.ca)
- The benefits of a platform (anneksmith.wordpress.com)
- Branding Yourself (aceworldtraffic.wordpress.com)
- Author Platform Building (rebekahfaubionbooks.wordpress.com)
- Why Social Media Is All About Being Social (techwench.com)